Just Add Ink 217

This week the challenge at Just Add Ink is to 'Just Add Cupcakes/Cake/Dessert'. When thinking about what I wanted to make I resisted actually going to make REAL cupcakes and my hips are thanking me for it (I think). Get creative and join in the challenge!

Susan Wong. Cupcake Builder Punch Birthday Card. Yippee-Skippee Stamp Set.


Making the background for this was pretty simple. I sponged through a little stencil I made with the Cupcake Builder punch. Punch it, snip it, stick it back together. Ok, it's easier to show you...

Susan Wong. Cupcake Birthday Card stencil.

Tip: When sponging, the dryer your sponge is, the more control you have over shade and the less streaky it is. Dab on the ink then take some off on your scrap paper first. I learnt this from Paula Dobson, the Sponge/Brayer Queen, so they say.

And while I was at it, I finally remembered to decorate the inside of the card. It definitely needed it for a bit of balance given that it gets pretty weighty with four layers of card on the front.

Susan Wong. Cupcake Birthday Card detail.

Tip: I hand-wrote this greeting. Hmm, can you tell? Make your 'A' a triangle for a bit of a current geometric touch.



Yippee-Skippee! stamp set
Cupcake Builder punch for stencil
Coastal Cabana, Tangerine Tango, Smoky Slate, Real Red, Black
Stapled on Ruffle Stretch Trim (retiring end of June)
Dogeared corner

6 comments

  1. I like how you've added some interest by creating a dog ear corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a clever way to add a cupcake to your card Susan! That sentiment is totally fab and I love the stapled ribbon idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stenciled cupcake background looks great Susan and its a great idea for another way to use punches - love that and the little red cherries on top! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea Susan. I love how you have made that stencil. Cute with the cherries onto too. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplistic style of the dogeared corners and staples, they add some great texture!...Clever way to add cupcakes, soft and subtle & well done on your baking restraint too..:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! and what a clever idea to make a stencil from the punch! And I just love that sentiment too, it made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete